Empowering Caregivers and Care Seekers to find each other
WeBookCare is the digital “front door” platform for Caregivers to market their home care services for Care Seekers to book, improving access to affordable, quality home care. WeBookCare has a distinct appeal over
traditionally favoured nursing agencies since families often end up saving money because they do not have to pay an agency markup fee on top of Caregiver wages, and the Caregiver still earns more. With the advent of modern internet technologies, we help Care Seekers to find local, trusted care the way they like it. Detailed profiles, reviews, basic background checks, online payment services and direct communication with the
Caregiver even if the Care Seeker is miles away are just a few benefits we offer so families have peace of mind in choosing the best care available. This structure helps save up to 50 percent versus traditional agencies, while Caregivers earn up to 25 percent higher wages. With no monthly subscriptions to use the app., Care Seekers pay a per home care visit booking fee. Overnights, live-in, medication reminders, dressing &
grooming, personal care, housekeeping, companionship, meals, exercise, transportation, pet care & shopping are just a few home care services that can be booked on a regular basis or just one time.
Our core desire is to help and protect the most vulnerable. For Caregivers to market their home care services on WeBookCare, they complete a rigorous application process, including a waiting period for approval during which WeBookCare carefully reviews Caregivers’ profiles. Caregivers must pass a quiz, basic background check and complete training to get approved. We expect Caregivers to be in line with WeBookCare’s vision to lead with compassion and a genuine desire to help others through dedicated assistance. Caregivers with the most altruistic intentions have the highest ratings on WeBookCare. A secure online messaging system allows direct communication with Caregivers and we manage a trusted platform to collect and transfer payments. Enhanced background verifications, GPS timekeeping and payroll services are additional options that facilitate accountable, safe, trusted, and positive experiences for the vulnerable in our community.
WeBookCare fosters a nurturing culture and it is structured to ensure an atmosphere of going above and beyond to accommodate you. We provide 24/7 Customer Support coverage to help with any questions and
requests that require personal attention and care. We’ve aimed to answer the most common questions about WeBookCare in our Help Centre. Learn more about finding a Caregiver, paying for bookings or what it means to be a WeBookCare Caregiver. Our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yelp, Quora and Reddit) are additional ways to directly connect with WeBookCare for quick responses and outstanding service.
WeBookCare was born from operating a traditional nursing agency called, Independent Lifestyles Homecare Ltd.” for over a decade. Vanessa Knox looked at how to offer an alternative to her nursing agency with a shift to improving access to affordable, quality home care. We needed to change how Care Seekers find Caregivers without the middleman. The question was also how we could help empower Caregivers to market their own home care services and work for themselves. WeBookCare is not just about offering an alternative to our nursing agency for home care. That's something we do, but that's not our vision. We believe at WeBookCare that technology provides new ways of working with Caregivers who want more ownership of their work. The specific nature of WeBookCare doesn't subscribe to outdated home care branding that tells seniors how to live. Instead Care Seekers pinpoint exactly what kind of home care they want and how they like it through search filters. WeBookCare is not based on perpetual growth and profits from hard working Caregivers-our unsung heroes. We want to empower Caregivers to market their home care services for Care Seekers to book, improving access to affordable, quality home care. What’s next? If we are successful in 5-10 years, we’ll increase rates for staying at home longer. The number one reason for moving into a nursing home is cost and access to care. Our community should make it possible for people to remain at home.
We strive to provide our Caregivers and Care Seekers with the resources to make informed decisions regarding who they interact with on WeBookCare. WeBookCare offers several features that help cultivate a
transparent community marketplace, including our secure messaging system, reviews, online payments, and more. At WeBookCare, we want to build the world's most trusted home care community. To help ensure our
users' safety, we dedicate a knowledgeable and experienced team to monitor any suspicious activity in our marketplace. If you encounter an emergency, or if your personal safety is threatened by a Caregiver or Care
Seeker, contact local police or emergency services immediately. You can help our efforts by reporting suspicious or inappropriate activity on a user’s profile or messages by reporting a Caregiver or Care Seeker
right in the app.
Caregiver Basic Requirements
To help create a nurturing and trusted home care service for Care Seekers to book, we ask all WeBookCare Caregivers to meet five basic requirements and four performance expectations for signing up. All
WeBookCare Caregivers must these basic requirements to list their home care services.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to become a Caregiver on WeBookCare.
- Build a profile with details about their home care services, qualifications and experience
- Upload profile photo’s
- Request testimonials
- Complete training to get started
- Pass the WeBookCare quiz
- Complete a basic background check.
Caregivers are considered independent contractors. This means Caregivers run their own small business on WeBookCare and won’t be considered a WeBookCare employee.
Caregiver Performance Expectations
In addition to meeting the seven basic requirements for signing up, we ask all Caregiver to uphold five performance expectations for
- overall rating
- response time
- response rate
- acceptance of bookings
- cancellation rate
These are some of the factors that Caregivers have most control over:
- Reviews: Overall rating is the average calculation of ratings that were left by Care Seekers. While good reviews are essential to performing well in searches, a small number of negative ratings or missed reviews from Care Seekers will not necessarily have a substantial impact on your rating.
- Rates: We find that Caregiver rates are one of the big decision factors for our Care Seekers when comparing profiles. For that reason, it’s important to set competitive rates within your market.
- New profiles: To make sure brand-new Caregivers can get established successfully, we make sure Caregivers can request testimonials to show up well in profile searches.
Care Seeker booking experience
To make sure Care Seekers’ experiences are positive, Caregivers with five-star ratings and a proven track record of responsiveness will help ensure Care Seekers continue to choose WeBookCare.
- Response rate and response time: All else equal, responding to requests within 24 hours is likely to improve your rating.
- Rejections: WeBookCare tracks how many Care Seekers make a request to book but are denied. Occasionally rejections are necessary, so similar to other factors in ratings we're interested broad patterns over weeks and months, rather than individual rejections.
- Location: Caregiver List and Map View search show Caregivers in locations that Care Seekers need home care services. We’ve found that this helps Care Seekers find Caregivers for the Care Recipient and also generates more bookings for our Caregiver community.
- Visibility in search: Although not specifically a part of ratings, part of performing well in search is being eligible and visible for searches in your market. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
- Activation delay: To give Caregiver’s time to double-check settings, it takes between 6 and 24 hours from creating a new profile to it being visible in search.
- Home care services: To show up in searches in which a Care Seeker chooses dates, a profile must have the suitable number of home care services. Should a Caregiver wish to appear in the maximum number of searches, it’s recommended to list as many home care services as possible, be widely available and similarly decrease specific work environment preferences.
Care Seekers can submit an overall star rating and a written review for their booking.
We ask Care Seekers to consider:
- Overall experience. Overall, how was the home care service?
- Caregiver appearance. Did Care Seekers feel that the Caregiver had a well-kept professional appearance?
- Profile accuracy. How accurately did the profile page represent the home care service? For example, Care Seekers should be able to find up-to-date info and photos in the profile description.
- Caregiver communication. How well did you communicate before and during the booking? Care Seekers often feel comfort that their Caregiver responds quickly, reliably, and frequently to their messages and questions.
- Caregiver reliability. Did Care Seekers feel that you arrived at the home care location on time, as scheduled to provide care as promised?
- Value. Did the Care Seeker feel that the Caregiver provided good value for the price?
Where to find star ratings
A Caregiver can receive star ratings right away so the rating will display on their profile. Caregivers can view their star ratings and written reviews on their Profile page under Profile Ratings. Caregivers can see how often they get 5 stars, which Care Seekers rated the Caregiver and, in some cases, tips to help improve home care services. As a Caregiver, review how to be naturally compassionate, nurturing, and helpful and get great reviews.
Writing a review
To leave a review for a recent booking, go to your Schedule and select completed. Care Seeker reviews must follow WeBookCare's Review Policy.
Add a private note
As part of the review process, you’ll also have the option to leave written feedback for your Caregiver or a private note on messages. These comments should be shared while the reviews are posted. Offer suggestions or say thanks for being great. We won't publish your private notes.
Finding past reviews
To read reviews you've written or reviews about you, go to your Profile page. You'll also see any private feedback that people have left you in your Inbox.
Responding to or disputing a review
Our community relies on honest, transparent reviews. Learn how to report a review that you believe goes against our Review Policy in the Education Centre.
Can I edit a review?
Honest and impartial reviews are encouraged when reviewing a Caregiver. You cannot make any changes to a review after it has been published. Read more about how reviews work for bookings.
Can I remove or respond to a review I disagree with?
If you decide that you'd like to have a review taken off your profile, you can request that by contacting us. If you request that we remove a review, we will only act if it violates our Review Policy.
At WeBookCare, we’re always working on making our home care community as secure as possible for everyone. That’s why we ask all Caregivers who list their home care services on WeBookCare to complete a Screening Canada basic background check. There are a few ways that identification info may be used to do this. First, here at WeBookCare, we may use Caregiver identification info to better protect all Care Seekers
and Care Recipients. The information helps us check that everyone is who they say they are—and therefore, we can do an even better job of keeping fraudulent individuals away from WeBookCare. We can also keep
accounts more secure, and better determine that everyone who uses WeBookCare is over 18 years old. This information helps us keep WeBookCare secure, fight fraud, and more. Completing this process isn’t an endorsement of any Caregiver, a guarantee of someone’s identity, or an assurance that interacting with them will be safe. Always use your own best judgment and follow our safety tips for Caregivers and Care Seekers. When WeBookCare Caregivers show the Verified Badge, it builds trust in the WeBookCare community.
- Control over your schedule and pay? Sign me up! Becoming a Caregiver on WeBookCare gives you access to a nationwide network of Care Seekers seeking local, trusted care they way they like it.
- Control over your work week, rates, and travel time. WeBookCare connects you with Care Seekers in your area who need selfless Caregivers available to help at every opportunity. As an independent contractor, you set your schedule. You choose your rates. Work as much or as little as you like.
- Access to 24/7 Customer Support coverage. As a Caregiver on WeBookCare, you get the support of a national company as you launch and build your Caregiving business. We're here for you every step of the way! When you offer to care for someone, you’re offering to work with all parts of that person’s diagnosis and personality, whether it’s dementia or poor mobility. We can help you prepare for the fun—and sometimes stressful—situations that can come up during a visit.
- The Education Centre helps you build your business. WeBookCare offers free advice, tools to succeed, and we advertise to continually bring in new clients, helping you to help others.
- You can travel thanks to the WeBookCare app, which features on-time visits, customisable availability options and flexibility that nursing agencies simply can’t offer.
- Manage your Caregiving business with the WeBookCare app. Thanks to the WeBookCare app, you will know about your home care requests immediately and you can quickly respond on the secure online messaging platform. Once you get your business going, you will receive secure online payments so you can focus on feeling utter joy from giving help and receiving gratitude.
Paying or communicating outside of WeBookCare also makes it harder for us to protect your information and puts you at greater risk of fraud and other security issues, such as phishing.
Report suspicious messages
Never pay for receive money for your booking outside of WeBookCare. If someone asks you to pay for a booking outside our on-site payment system—or you think someone might be sending you links to a fake
site—report the Caregiver. If you didn’t pay your Caregiver through WeBookCare (for example, a cheque or bank transfer), you may have paid for a fraudulent booking. To get help, let us know immediately. If you’re
not sure, you can check if your booking was made through WeBookCare.
To report a message:
Contact WeBookCare’s Customer Support Team here.
Caregivers are the unsung heroes of our business. Without their generosity, self-sacrifice, empathy, and selflessness to provide above and beyond home care services, we wouldn't exist. We're here to provide ongoing support, educational opportunities and to help everyone grow their business—and we’re dedicated to you. These fees help us do that, along with facilitating WeBookCare’s 24/7 Customer Support coverage, important site maintenance and product improvements. Fees are shared between Caregivers and Care Seekers to allow WeBookCare to operate and continually make improvements based on the needs of our growing home care community. A service fee of 20% is deducted from the Caregivers payout. A booking fee is charged to Care Seekers. They also help cover benefits for Caregivers, including to:
- Accept online bookings and payments
- Avoid double bookings
- Answer your Care Seekers messages privately
- Maximise profits by scheduling home care services as short as 15 minutes in length to fill gaps in the calendar and increase revenue.
How do these fees impact my business?
For Caregivers on WeBookCare, these fees are designed to support you every step of the way, and they’re standard in our industry. We use these standard service fees to do things like:
- Continually improve your experience with the WeBookCare website and mobile apps
- Invest in our customer support team to offer quick 24/7 coverage
- Create original educational content specifically for Caregivers in our Education Center.
In short, these fees help us build our business so we can help you build yours.
What is Care Seeker booking fees?
Care Seekers pay a booking fee of 8%. This fee is calculated from the booking subtotal (the booking rate plus Caregiver fees, if applicable) and is automatically added to the Care Seeker payout.
How do I review the booking fee charged for a particular booking?
Care Seekers pay 8% of the per booking visit rate. To find out how much when undergoing a booking transaction, you need to pay attention to the cost breakdown when booking a Caregiver. It’s refundable should the booking be canceled by either the Caregiver or the Care Seeker if cancelled within 24 hours of the start time.
Are there any other charges?
WeBookCare collects a 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST) for services booked through its site. WeBookCare is not responsible for the collection of payments that are not incorporated into Caregiver pricing.
What is the WeBookCare policy for collecting fees in person?
Receiving payment through WeBookCare is cashless, convenient, and keeps your personal details safe and secure. Paying outside of WeBookCare’s system can put you at risk for fraud or allegations of theft. Never take money from a client. Or anyone for that matter. You may be blamed for stealing money when you haven’t. If you do have out of pocket expenses that need to be reimbursed, communicate through your WeBookCare account so you have the peace of mind with our built-in security features. You can book services, work out home care details and rates all through your WeBookCare account.
Is the WeBookCare booking fee refundable?
The booking fee is non-refundable.
Why is the awake night shift rate generally higher?
An awake night shift is where the Caregiver is expected to remain awake at night to assist with nighttime duties such as toileting or agitation. Generally, awake night shift rates are more than the daily base hourly
rate. Working the awake night shift comes with its own detriments and risks, including fatigue, stress, and a higher risk of injury. For that reason, awake night shift Caregivers working a less-than-desirable shift are known to be paid additional compensation.
WeBookCare also provides ongoing educational opportunities in the Education Centre so Caregivers and Care Seekers have the tools they need for compassionate, dedicated, and nurturing care. WeBookCare Tip: After selecting a Caregiver, we always recommend booking an in-person Meet & Greet. This way, you can see whether your Caregiver is the perfect fit. To report any concerns, contact WeBookCare Customer Support. Read more about tools used to help verify user information and review our safety tips for Caregivers and Care Seekers in the Education Centre.
Asking for help from WeBookCare
Most Caregivers and Care Seekers can conveniently find answers on their own. Here are some ways to get the help needed before, during or after a booking:
The Help Centre gives you information to find answers to common questions on issues with Caregiving and Care Seeking and managing your WeBookCare account.
Message your Caregiver or Care Seeker
Fix issues with your profile or booking by communicating with each other directly. This often is the easiest and fastest way to find a resolution. Send WeBookCare messages to your Caregiver or Care Seeker or try calling them.
Go to our Social Media Channels
Quickly find relevant home care topics and discover the answers to questions on whatever home care questions you mean to ask. Save valuable time and start a conversation with WeBookCare experts on any of our Social Media Channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yelp, Quora and Reddit.
Contact Customer Support
Still need help for something. Contact WeBookCare’s 24/7 Customer Support centre and we will provide guidance to work out the details with your Caregiver or Care Seeker. Go to the Contact Page to get help by phone, email or to chat. Contact us for things related to your WeBookCare booking that you can’t find answers to in the Help Centre. When you contact us, our team will be notified, and a dedicated team member will be assigned to your case. You have up to 60 days after your booking’s end date to submit a request for any related issues. We’ll review the information provided by you and your Caregiver, before making a final decision. In some cases, we may need to contact you to gather additional information before we can decide. If you want to make a claim for money on your booking, you'll need to submit your request to WeBookCare. We will make the final decision 72 hours after the request was opened.
How can I give feedback about WeBookCare?
Email us to give feedback about WeBookCare or report a bug. If you have a question or need help with
something, start by searching our Help Centre
You can find more information with WeBookCare guides, news, best practices and tips in the WeBookCare Education Centre. The content is to further support Caregivers to provide their customers with a high level of personal service where professionalism is par for the course. The Education Centre covers topics like safety, responsible Caregiving and Care Seeking, regulations and standards, legal resources, WeBookCare’s standards and expectations and more. The Education Centre compliments the information you can find in the Help Centre.